Message from John McRae and Chris Rivera, Syniverse Presidents
As the world’s most connected company, we are dedicated to keeping all our customers and partners fully informed, even during times of crisis. The COVID-19 pandemic has altered many facets of our lives, but our dedication to our customers and partners has grown even stronger during these times.
We are taking the pandemic seriously and ensuring our employees are empowered to best serve our customers and partners by continuing to provide unmatched service. It’s more essential than ever that the world remains connected. With countless hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, first responders, government agencies and other essential businesses relying on our connectivity, we understand the seriousness of the responsibility that comes with our customers entrusting us to make these connections.
Below are some of the steps we have taken and are continuing to take to respond to our customers, partners and employees. Through this time, we hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy.
Customer Support and Business Operations
Syniverse operates under a comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plan, which includes a full pandemic protocol and appropriate contingency plans for all aspects of our business, including service continuity. In adherence with this, we continue to deliver our services while also assisting governmental authorities and public health officials in controlling the spread of the outbreak:
- Business Impact - To date, the outbreak has had no direct impact at any of our offices or operations around the world. At the same time, there also has been no direct impact on our suppliers or service provision chain.
- Continuous Monitoring - We continue to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19 across the globe, using our local offices as well as our third-party risk-management specialists, and we will continue to adjust our actions accordingly as the situation evolves.
- Continuity and Recovery - As part of our normal operating procedures, Syniverse maintains location continuity and recovery facilities across multiple regions, including multi-phase fallback scenarios and escalation procedures.
- 24/7 Online Business Services - Our online services continue to be available 24/7 and include a range of online tools to provide visibility into your business. These include MySyniverse for standard business intelligence reports, Analyzer for more detailed view on TAP and SMS-A2P traffic, Symphony for data clearing, fraud, and NRTDE needs, Total Visibility for SS7, Diameter and GTP signaling for networking, or One1Clear for financial clearing transparency. These are available every day of the week, 24 hours a day, and allow you to continue to manage your business at any time.
- Text Messaging Capacity - Our systems are fully prepared to handle an extreme spike in text messaging volume that may occur during this crisis. At holiday periods, we routinely experience volumes that reach levels up to 10 times the number of messages that we normally process.
- Customer Service Contact - Our customer service specialists are also available 24/7, every day of the week, and can be reached several ways:
Employees and Local Offices
As a global company, we’ve been monitoring and managing each Syniverse office on a case-by-case basis and will continue to do so daily in accordance with our business continuity plan. In line with this, some of the actions we have taken include the following:
- International Travel - We have restricted international business travel for employees.
- Domestic Travel - We have placed limits on domestic travel for employees where appropriate.
- Meetings - We have implemented alternative methods of communication via virtual technology platforms for our employees to meet with vendors in cases that would otherwise require travel.
- Events - We have, in general, canceled employee attendance at all large conventions, forums, conferences, and events that require travel.
- Work-at-Home Policy - We have required employees to work from home for specified periods, in accordance with local and national policies, and continue to monitor when it is safe for employees to return to their respective offices, including some on a rotational basis.
- Office Visitors - We have discouraged and, in some cases, prohibited visitors to some of our offices, and in those cases, we’ve arranged for alternative ways to meet that don’t require in-person contact.
- Office Sanitation - We have increased and intensified our cleaning and disinfecting efforts in all of our offices. In the event we should need to close an office and conduct any special cleaning, we have procedures in place and specialized vendors identified to do so.
Experience and Expertise to Help in a Time of Crisis
Finding creative ways to help businesses manage their operations and stay connected is part of who we are. As your business needs change with this rapidly evolving pandemic, we’re prepared to use our skill and technology to help your business in every way we can.
For one, we have a long history and deep expertise in mobile messaging and connectivity that can help businesses maintain constant communication through messages such as critical broadcast alerts to customers or two-way messages to confirm employees’ safety. What’s more, during a time when many employees around the globe will be working from home, we have a private, isolated network that can help protect businesses from their employees’ increased internet activity and the bad actors seeking to exploit this activity. Please let us know if we can be of assistance with any of these services.
Moving Forward Together
While the COVID-19 pandemic has affected our lives dramatically, we at Syniverse continue to keep the health and safety of our employees and the continuity of your services for you and our customers as top priorities.
We will continue to update you on our business as necessary. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your time and continued confidence in us.
President, Carrier Business
President, Enterprise Business